The Purchasing Manager provides overall leadership, direction and guidance to divisional materials staff. Procure, in the most effective manner possible, goods and services on behalf of the corporation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplish company/departmental objectives within the context of corporate policies, procedures and supply chain strategies
- Ensure goals and objectives of buyers and receivers are being accomplished within guidelines set forth, in a timely manner and at the required quality level
- Effectively coordinate capital activities with invested divisional and corporate personnel and execute divisional capital spends in accordance with company policy
- Identify opportunities to drive costs out of the business and align the objectives with corporate vision
- Manage supply price points to ensure prices reflect corporate negotiated prices
- Provide thorough, professional and effective