Reporting Line: DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN
The objective of this role is to allow seamless business practices between us and our internal and external customers. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the timely, cost effective supply of goods and services. This involves responsibility for the procurement activities of the domestic manufacturing operations as well as the sourced components and finished goods from domestic and overseas suppliers. Typical purchases involve steel, aluminium, iron and aluminium castings, forgings, stampings, metal fabrications, machined parts, specialty hardware, packaging materials, and various outside services. The successful candidate must be a results-oriented, team player with strong leadership skills and a continuous process improvement mind set.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possess analytical ability
Computer literate with strong spreadsheet analysis skills.
Directly supervises the Purchase and Procurement function. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; mentoring employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and maintaining harmony among employees and resolving grievances. Prepares necessary reports to analyse and track performance. Maintains good housekeeping of area and ensures safe work environment for all employees.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's Degree
· 7 to 10 years of progressive purchasing/materials management/sourcing experience; Minimum of 3 years in a managerial role
· Experience in a continuous improvement environment
· Demonstrated ability to implement supplier material pull systems and Kanban processes is a plus
· Experience with lean manufacturing methods and thinking processes is a plus
· Experience working with transportation carriers
· Experience with ISO 9000 standards and requirements as it relates to purchasing is a plus
· Experience developing standard operating procedures for a purchasing organization
· Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people