Our client was founded in 2001 and is a progressive real estate developer that designs and builds sustainable urban living environments for people who care about quality and their impact on the world around them. Utilizing a discerning eye for creating value, the company thoughtfully produces homes and communities that naturally integrate into their surrounding neighborhoods. With a vision for how the world will be living and working in the future, they create homes that offer proximity to work, school and other important resources while implementing energy efficient construction methods and materials. These key elements will promote urban density and conservation, reduce waste, and engender social connectivity.
Our client builds homes in several US cities that have similar characteristics. They look for common drivers including job growth, but also for qualitative characteristics such as vibrant urban neighborhoods with close proximity to work, recreation and cultural amenities, that indicate a city is a popular place to live. The company was founded in Phoenix, AZ and has grown considerably due to a passion to produce high quality products while delivering an exceptional customer experience. With headquarters and communities in Austin, they also have communities in Dallas, San Antonio, Denver and Seattle.
The Purchasing Manager, located in Seattle, WA is responsible for leading all aspects of purchasing/procurement for all operations in the Seattle market. The Purchasing Manager owns the bid process as well as budgets to support development operations. An essential function of the Purchasing Team is to support other business units to ensure smooth processes among both internal and external clients. This position reports to Regional Purchasing Manager and Area Leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop top 10 homebuilder systems and processes
· Develop and implement best practices/procedures for the purchasing team
· Establish tools needed to carry out essential functions of the department
· Manage & develop relationships with other business units as well as local, regional, and national Trade Partners
· Identify trade needs & source accordingly
· Specifying products, including product research
· Bidding/Analyzing/Qualifying/Negotiating/Awarding contracts with Trade Partners
· Contract management
· Assist in Negotiations for national and/or regional accounts along with rebate management from vendors and providers
· Reconcile division feedback on bid awards and receive sign off
· Ensure timely input of contracts, scopes, plans, and other necessary documents into the company's software system
· Ensure all tasks critical to field production take place in an orderly and timely manner
· Build/Manage/Own direct construction cost budgets from design development through construction
· Cost management/tracking market costs/identifying market trends
· Track/analyze commodity pricing and compare against bids/contracts
· Provide cost estimating for new projects
· Manage bidding, contracts, change orders, and PO's through project management system
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· College degree, preferably construction related
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
· Estimating experience
· Field experiencepreferred
· Land development experience
· Multi-family constructionexperience
· Developed relationships with local trade base
· Ability to read/understand/interpret construction documents, including: Architectural & Structural Plans, Soils Reports, Grade Plans, etc.
· Understanding of scopes of work; hold trades accountable throughout the bid process
· History of running a successful medium to high volume purchasing operation, managing others, implementing processes/procedures, and driving results