Superior career opportunity for a Purchasing Manager with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Purchasing Manager that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent financial management practices.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating purchasing activity for a major operations organization. Performs senior level purchasing functions and resolves major problems.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the purchasing of material, equipment, and services for a major operations organization.
- Monitors purchasing and back order activity and provides for the maintenance of records of purchasing transactions and supplier resources and capabilities.
- Assigns and schedules purchasing activity to meet requirements and provides for day-to day administration and control of resulting contracts with suppliers.
- Reviews, evaluates, and selects suppliers for contracts covering purchase requisitions based on bids, quotations, prices, and schedules received from vendors and Buyer recommendations.
- Assists Buyers in resolving complex problems and negotiates with alternative sources where possible for improved terms, price, and schedule.
- Negotiates with suppliers for special bids and quotes in order to accommodate special production requirements.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in purchasing procedures and practices and coordinates efforts to improve purchasing policies and practices.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and IT to develop and utilize systems and procedures designed to improve materials management, planning, product delivery, and supplier performance in accordance with established business unit objectives.
- Manages, tracks, and reports on quantified and qualified metrics and key performance indicators in support of internal objectives and as a basis to monitor and influence all aspects of supplier performance.
- Reviews, evaluates, and selects suppliers for contracts covering purchase requisitions based on evaluation of supplier performance, capabilities, capacity, and cost.
- Implements supplier development system and monitors active suppliers for effective performance.
- Bachelor?s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university; and
- C.P.I.M. Certification is highly desirable; and
- Ten (10) years of directly related experience in materials management, purchasing, or supply chain operations in a manufacturing environment, seven (7) in a management role; and
- Preferredexperience in high mix/low volume aerospace environment; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and creativity skills are essential.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Company and industry material procurement and negotiation practices.
- Must be able to organize and coordinate a major purchasing activity.
- Must be highly motivated and be a committed team player.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel and otherMS Office applications and strong working knowledge of computerized enterprise resource planning system (ERP), or material requirements planning system (MRP). Experience in working with multi-layer ROM?s and capacity planning.
- Must have good oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.