Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets –Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall negotiation of prices and delivery of products/services in a timely, cost effective manner in conformance with company policies, procedures and budgets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Control, develop and produce approved budgets and proformas with input from appropriate internal departments.
- Negotiate and solicit the best price/value combination from suppliers and trade contractors; analyze cost comparisons and differences in products and services on long term/short term contract agreements, while ensuring the correct amount of product or service is received at the appropriate time.
- Participate in review, development and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services. Conduct analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof.
- Study existing or new design drawings and keep abreast of changes impacting supply of materials in order to reassess budgets and amend forecasts.
- Develop and qualify new subcontractors/suppliers while maintaining and monitoring existing ones.
- Act as liaison between subcontractors, construction, marketing, sales, customer service and land departments. Address and resolve issues involving trades and/or builders, as needed.
- Continually search for new products, materials and processes that will better suit our customers.
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes.
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members in order to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract.
- Product Development Lead coordinating with corporate architecture and the Division.
- Oversee Design Center and Design Consultants.
- Lead for National Contracts/Specifications/ and Vendors for the US Group.
- Model Home decorating liaison with Corporate Marketing/Local Designers/Construction Team.
- Oversee and manage Purchasing Department and Design Center.
- Performs other duties as requested, in support of the overall operation of the Division.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education and minimum 5 years suitable work experience in the construction field.
- Several years progressive experience in the residential construction industry, estimating and purchasing.
- Professional experience dealing ethically with people/situations/issues and ability to demonstrate what processes are applied in decision-making which reflect professionalism and integrity.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of house building and construction material purchasing.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze, look for trends and superior estimating skills.
- Prior experience in preparing and analyzing budgets.
- Experience with FAST (Constellation Home Builder) and Build-Pro/Supply-Pro (Hyphen Solutions) knowledge an asset.
- Extremely well-organized, flexible, ability to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Understanding of the Florida Building Code, National Electrical Code, OSHA Guidelines, and other applicable building codes and practices.
- Experience in computerized environment for production planning, ordering, analysis etc.
- Superior computer skills in MS Office – in particular Excel.
When you’re part of the Mattamy Homes family, your day to day work has an incredible impact on the lives of our customers. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy way of helping customers achieve their home ownership dreams. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
We offer a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k)
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future.
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.