This is a 100 year old company that is setting sales records! They have a lot of new initiatives around continuous process improvement and are very profitable! This role requires purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. This role manages a team of 4 buyers spread across 3 locations so there could be 30% travel. Candidates must have experience managing staff in multiple locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Procures standard project components and specialty items.
- Makes material procurement decisions based on price, delivery time frames and material availability.
- Coordinates material procurement requirements with engineering and manufacturing personnel.
- Monitors project specific material procurement schedules and makes purchasing decisions based on delivery time frames.
- Negotiates material costs with vendors and suppliers.
- Monitors fabricated inventory to ensure optimum inventory levels.
- Manages and provides direction to buyers and procurement team.
- Review requisitions
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Prepares purchase orders
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- Discussed defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Expedites delivery of goods to users
- Occasionally inspects material and other items purchased
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience with six years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory/management experiencerequired. Will be responsible for a staff of 4 buyers.