Join Our Purchasing Team!
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for pricing of all homes within their division(s); ensures all pricing from Trade Partners is properly negotiated and recorded. Ensure purchase orders and budgets are maintained and accurate on all homes. Oversee and negotiate all pricing at the division level to align with national accounts and recommend vendors to the Director of Purchasing and Division President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet overall objectives, at the corporate level, for purchasing and ensure alignment and compliance with the corporate purchasing strategy.
- Management of purchasing staff.
- Serves as resolution resource; analyzes data and makes decisions about trade compliance and efficiencies of processes, perform material estimates/take offs; maintain the common bid forms, schedule of values, standard specifications for each region. Ensure value and cost engineering efforts in each region.
- Coordinates information with Director of Purchasing to ensure like –item assurance and consistent practices are being utilized throughout the company.
- Manage the business strategies to control the costs of labor and materials within the Region.
- Review plans, new community and model decisions, presentation plans, website information, etc.
- Manages merchandising of showcase homes.
- Facilitate organization change needed to support the overall mission/vision of purchasing department.
- Adhere to operating procedure for all purchasing and ensure compliance and integrity company-wide.
- Ensure conformance of all Holiday Builders standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related area
Minimum 4 – 6 years directly related experience
Budget Management experience
Strong customer service skills required
- Computer skills (preferably in ERP purchasing application such as IHMS and Planswift, SAP, JDEdwards or equivalent)
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Functional/Technical skills (understands labor, materials, and the construction process)
- Possess problem solving and negotiating skills
- Results oriented with timely decision making ability
- Process Management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Possess ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Maintain attention to detail and follow through
- Developing direct reports, directing others
• Able to lift, push or move 10 to 25 pounds without assistance
• Requires the ability to climb, stoop, kneel or crouch