We are looking for Purchasing Manager for our client in Fort Rucker, AL
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Job Location: Fort Rucker, AL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Lead and/or advise other buyers
- Plan and assign to purchasing personnel procurement workload assignments
- Coordinate, develop, and produce procurement documentation such as purchase orders, agreements, modification task/delivery orders, solicitations, cost/price analyses, negotiation memorandums, justifications, determinations, special contract provisions, representations, certifications and correspondence.
- Issue requests for quotations, evaluate proposals and quotations, determine offer responsiveness, responsibility, and eligibility for award, and provide support for discussions and negotiations, cost/price analyses, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Labor Law, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), audit, environmental reporting, and technical compliance.
- Provide suggestions to others as a subject matter expert.
- Review and process purchase requisitions.
- Compile documentation to establish procurement compliant files.
- Conduct file reviews in support of Government audits.
- Coordinate with accounting and finance department in administering procurement invoicing and payments, and closeout process.
- Monitor and track supplier deliverables.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers
- Maintain a Government compliant filing system through SharePoint
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and delivery trends to determine future material availability and pricing probability.
- Prepare Negotiation Strategies and Negotiate Contracts
- Resolves disputes with suppliers
- Support Proposal Efforts by obtaining Competitive Pricing, Identifying Potential Team Members, and Preparing Proposal Write-ups
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with at least 6-8years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- MBA preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS).
- Must be familiar with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR).
- Must be able to perform Price or Cost Analysis to Determine Fair and Reasonable pricing. Must be familiar with Public Laws, SAM, and Consent Packages.
- Must have had experience issuing Purchase Orders.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and working knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheets, and integrated software applications are required.
- Position may require travel and the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Certification as a Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or related certification highly desired.