At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ offers competitive wages and benefits along with training, apprenticeships and development programs to help you accomplish your professional objectives. We encourage our employees to continue their education by providing tuition reimbursement and training opportunities. And our open door policy fosters a culture of open communication that allows every employee to have a voice in the company. It's how the best ideas come to light—and why the best people choose to work at EVRAZ.
Job Description and Responsibilities
EVRAZ NA is currently seeking a confident Purchasing Manager with the ability to independently deliver high quality results in a fast paced dynamic industrial manufacturing environment. This position is going to be located in Portland, OR.
This is a highly visible role at this facility- collaborating extensively with our management team to ensure timely procurement of standardized materials.
- Initiate long term strategies to ensure the procurement of materials, components, supplies and services meet or exceed technical specifications while generating cost reductions
- Oversee all aspects of sourcing and procurement
- Vendor management and qualification
- Manage the request for proposal process
- Total cost analysis, balancing business needs and cost objectives
- Contract management and compliance
- Forecast price trends and supplier related risk
- Optimization of inventory levels to lower costs through effective inventory management practices and vendor managed inventory programs
- Implement and support strategic sourcing initiatives
- Develop and maintain purchasing policies and procedures
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to problem solve, improve processes, and implement best practices
- Maintain effective internal and external customer relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years' purchasing management experience in a steel manufacturing environment preferred
- Exceptional leadership skills with at least two (2) years' experience in a people management role
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical specifications for manufacturing processes
- Strong negotiating, contract and supplier management capabilities
- Advocate of continuous improvement and seeking out/ implementing best practices
- Previous experience with ERP system(s): Oracle / SAP (purchasing and financial
- modules) a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Able to navigate and effectively work within a matrix reporting structure
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to influence with and/or without direct authority
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional teams & building relationships
- Adaptable to an ever-changing work environment