Job ID: PHE261
Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees all activities related to procurement of a raw materials, distributed products, components, tooling, equipment, supplies and purchased services, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
• Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
• Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
• Visits major vendors to discuss issues/concerns and to maintain good relationships as required. Approves all new vendors and maintains the approved vendor list.
• Maintain and manage vendor rating system. Pursues cost reduction programs where possible.
• Develop and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation and motivation of department personnel.
• Provide support to manufacturing indicators, including but not limited to customer service numbers and inventory dollars, and vendor performance ratings.
• Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
• Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
• Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
• Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
• Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
• Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
• Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow, sequence of operations, and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or improved office machines.
• Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Understands and enforces corporation policies regarding the ethical conduct of purchasing activities.
• Prepares and administers and annual department budget.
• Relevant Bachelors Degree;
• Five to Ten years related experience three to five years experience in management.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.