Would you like to have your Mondays be as exciting as your Fridays because you are making a real impact managing purchasing, supply chain and inventory for this incredible growing company?
- Manage purchasing and supply chain of products for multiple warehouses to ensure the optimal amount of inventory is available in the warehouses for the sales team to consistently and timely fulfill all customer orders.
- Manage purchasing and relationships with vendors and suppliers for prompt and accurate communication regarding the status of open purchase orders, backorders, stockouts as well as negotiating to obtain lowest price, fast delivery, and discounts for quantity and shipping.
- Continuously research for alternative suppliers and product lines to optimize service, quality, and price.
- Practical knowledge and implementation of purchasing, supply chain, and inventory management best practices and KPIs including inventory turnover ratio, LEAN principles, economic order quantity, and reorder point formula.
- Be the liaison between the external suppliers and vendors, the warehouse and the sales team ensuring streamlined communication and internal software that contains accurate real-time information for the warehouses to coordinate receiving product and shipping product to customers and enabling sales team optimize gross sales and customer relationships.
- Improve internal and external processes, procedures, efficiencies for high performance and reliable results.
- Eliminate waste and redundancies, reduce costs and stockouts.
- Maintain accurate information in internal system including inventory levels at multiple warehouses, description of products, purchase orders reconciled with sales forecasts, status of open purchase orders, stockouts, and back orders.
- Create accurate and meaningful supply chain, purchase and inventory reports with ability to explain variances.
- Perform all duties with integrity, accountability and excellence.
- Create an effective, collaborative environment with senior management and other departments including sales and marketing contributing your knowledge to improve sales and customer relationships.
- Analyze, understand and stay ahead of the industry, trends and competitors.
A minimum of five (5) years of successful purchase, supply chain and inventory management experience in horticulture supplies, CPG, or related field with ability to demonstrate individual contributions that resulted in quantifiable improvements to all aspects of purchasing, products, inventory and gross sales in the organization.