The Purchasing Manager is a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the Purchasing, Planning, Logistics & Material Scheduling processes with experience in international and domestic sourcing in both JIT and MTO environment.
This role collaborates with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Purchasing & Customers to create, review and revise forecasts and purchased material requirements, production plans, develop forecast accuracy metrics, identify opportunities and recommending action plans for both forecasting and planning improvements. Working with Company Sales Team to understand customer demand, inventories and order management patterns and forecasting capabilities. Works internally and externally on new products introductions. Ability to make recommendations and implement activities in order to continually drive costs and inventory out of the supply chain while improving service levels and lead-times.
Responsible for creating and optimizing the creation and output of multiple reporting and information functions within the Company Supply Chain. Supervises Purchasing Agents to ensure the optimized balanced supply of material and other needed resources. This individual will create rolling forecasts based on customer forecast input and sales history. Distribute supplier forecasts to suppliers based on master schedules created., analyze and maintain appropriate product mix, analyze seasonality, replacement cycles, and all other related business trends and cycles relative to demand. Systematically ensure existing and future ERP systems are refreshed with most current demand requirements.
Our company, a North American subsidiary of a $10 Global Distribution corporation, understands long-term career development and wants to invest in you. With our multi-career options, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
o Work closely with suppliers delivering requirements forecasts, best pricing, quality and on-time delivery.
o Continually updating key customer forecasts or demand requirements as required
o Work closely with Customers, Marketing, Sales, Finance & Operations in the development of monthly and quarterly demand forecast models and business reviews.
o Continually gather data, conduct analyses, and develop recommendations for new systems and processes to increase accuracy in forecasting process.
Operations Planning / Supply Chain
o Manage and understand disaggregate relationships (product mix) high-level forecast for input into capacity models.
o Prepare data for and play a key role in Sales and Operations Planning Meetings (S&OP Modeling)
o Assist in development of long-term Production Plan based on Demand forecast to provide strategic decision-making data and support the S&OP process.
o Develop, maintain and optimize inventory levels in across multiple national distribution centers based on manufacturing capacity, storage, material and freight costs.
o Provide scenario or “what if” analysis to evaluate manufacturing, sourcing, and demand options, make vs. buy and their impact on the overall business.
o Manage excess and slow-moving inventory process for both finished goods and raw materials components
o Balance and optimize inventory levels across three company warehouses.
o Manage Freight logistics and RRQ processes.
o Coordinate and or lead special projects as required. Projects include, but are not limited to, analysis to support new product introductions, asset utilization studies, ERP Implementations and supply chain optimization opportunities
· Strong knowledge of forecasting, planning / scheduling, logistics and manufacturing principles.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating in an ERP environment in areas of inventory control, production scheduling, master scheduling, and capacity management.
· Ability to lead supply chain projects and to manage multiple projects / duties simultaneously
· Experience with forecasting principles and software systems
· Must be hands-on and committed to achieving goals and objectives.
· Able to lead cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment and deliver results
· Information technology – demonstrate competence in software for planning systems (examples: Sage XP, SAP, Oracle, Dynamics), Forecasting Software (examples: Forecast-Pro, Demand Works)
· Must be Highly skilled in Excel and proficient with other MS Office products.
· Bachelor’s degree in Operations Preferred, Business, or related field
· A minimum of 5 + years of Purchasing, logistics, supply chain and requisite systems experience
· APICS CPIM Certification preferred.
· Travel potential 2 to 4 weeks per year.
Please submit your Resume with desired salary range. Salary is around $ 95,000 + 15% Bonus + Outstanding Benefits
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT RESUME IF YOU ARE WITHIN A 40 MINUTE COMMUTE FROM COMPTON
Valid through: 8/31/2020