Career Opportunity: Purchasing Manager on West Side of Cincinnati, Ohio
Do you thrive on ensuring production operates efficiently with all materials needed? Do you excel at managing vendor relationships? If you answered yes, we have the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Purchasing Manager at our headquarters. The Purchasing Manager manages and coordinates the purchase of goods and services for the company in an efficient and economical manner. This person will also be responsible for:
- Approving selection of major vendors. Training buyers to assess vendor capabilities, develop sources, and evaluate vendor performance.
- Negotiating terms of major contracts and blanket orders.
- Recommending major purchases of materials on the basis of anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations. Balancing cash flow considerations against possible price savings.
- Conducting and directing negotiations with vendors on rejections, disposition and adjustment of purchased materials not meeting specifications.
- Making certain that purchasing documents are completed properly and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Supervising accurate recordkeeping, including price histories and difficulties in doing business with particular vendors.
- Establishing policies that maintain inventories in as low a manner as possible while avoiding shortages of necessary raw materials and supplies.
- Approving or rejecting prices, terms, delivery dates, traffic routes if not in line with policies or established procedures.
- Directing and supervising application of record systems and preparation of reports pertinent to procedures and requirements.
- Establishing policies and procedures to be followed by purchasing agents and purchasing clerks.
- Representing the Purchasing Department at Management meetings to recommend and otherwise assist with the development, planning and formulation of policies, long and short-range objectives and operating goals.
To be successful in this role, this individual will need:
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in purchasing.
- 2+ years' experience managing other purchasing agents.
- Excellent skills at negotiating and contract writing.
- Experience in metal fabrication shops is preferred.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.