Purchasing / Commodity Manager - Packaging Materials
We are searching for a strong Commodity Manager with 7 or more years of experience who will be the corporate subject matter expert for packaging materials, returnables, and associated shipping materials for multiple North American manufacturing plants.
The highly motivated individual we seek will join our Client’s Corporate Purchasing staff. In this role, you’ll support the regional operations in the negotiation and management of expendable packaging, returnables and associated shipping materials. Our Client will look to you to develop supplier relationships with companies that can provide high quality, technologically advanced and globally competitive products. You will work closely with plant and corporate personnel to develop quotable requirements, analyze the total cost of procurement and make recommendations for sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or supply chain/operations management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, negotiation experience with vendors required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Previous experience in packaging a plus
- Expectation is 40% travel with concentration in Mexico.
Please email resume to Doug Franklin at (No phone calls please).