We are looking for Purchasing Assistant for our client in Hanover, MD
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Job Location: Hanover, MD
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Ensures smooth and timely flow of product through the supply chain.
- Call on and work late purchase orders for all suppliers.
- This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow up on and expedite as required late open purchase orders for all Suppliers at assigned DC's.
- Updates expected receipt dates for late orders as needed.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
- Computer equipment, telephone equipment, printer, calculator, fax machine, file cabinets, pens, and pencils.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this classification
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work.
- Light Work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- However, if the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Acuity near
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work.
- Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken