Viracor Eurofins is searching for a Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Purchasing and Inventory Control Manager is responsible for managing the company’s purchasing and inventory control processes, including: purchase of materials, supplies and equipment, coordinating activities related to forecasting, stocking, monitoring and replenishing inventory items as well as implementing and maintaining appropriate cost control measures. This position will be responsible for coordinating periodic reviews of vendors in relation to pricing and service. Partnering and communicating with operations and vendors will be essential in this position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills through hiring, onboarding, training, supervision, coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations; decrease turnaround times; streamline work processes; and work cooperatively and jointly with internal departments to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and implement department’s business plans, policies and procedures and ensures compliance .
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize procurement and inventory control needs .
- Evaluate (and develop as necessary) the purchasing & inventory team’s key performance metrics to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
- Analyze and resolve inventory control issues as related to inventory discrepancies.
- Analyze and resolve procurement issues such as budget impact, investigation of supply sources, proposal, bids, etc.
- Works effectively with the Eurofins National Service Center Purchasing team to negotiate with vendors for goods and services, ensuring that Viracor obtains the best possible price, payment terms and service guarantees.
- Develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Examine bids and makes awards. Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Ensure collaboration with receiving department to ensure proper receipt and handling.
- Track and follow up on delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Follow environmental and safety regulations and act in compliance with U.S. laws.
- Utilize computer systems to electronically track inventory flow, scan stock, and reconcile inventory.
- Maintain positive work relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure smooth business operations.
- Forecast and coordinate the supply of materials to internal customers to ensure that sufficient inventory is available when needed.
- Address and resolve staff or client complaints/grievances to protect the reputation of the Company and ensure client satisfaction.
- Oversee the recording of daily deliveries and shipments to maintain information required for periodic inventory reconciliation.
- Assign and delegate job tasks to inventory personnel to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
- Provide data analysis and reports/results to senior management.
- Proffer recommendations to management on operational policies and objectives required for improved performance.
- Coordinate and manage physical cycle counts as appropriate.
- Work with laboratory leadership to help determine proper inventory levels and processes to review and determine the need for stock replenishment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, management or related disciplines.
- Minimum of six years’ experience in purchasing and inventory-related functions
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of laboratory operations strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of purchasing and inventory practices and principles
- Knowledge of internal controls procedures
- Ability to foster team building with mutual respect and Associate development
- Ability to prioritize business needs, delegate work assignments, authorize others to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities
- Customer service focused
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize, and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance
- Work with little to no supervision
- Ability to work outside core business hours as needed
- Able to work in a team environment and interact closely with team members
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- High level of proficiency with PC based software programs, including Microsoft Office Excel
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions