Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Purchasing Agent, you’re looking to grow yourself into a brilliant buyer and are capable of reviewing, interpreting, administering, and managing contract requirements for new and existing contracts. You'll work closely with legal, accounts payable, finance, and product owners to quarterback the entire purchasing process, including, but not limited to, finding and selecting vendors, closing contracts, completing purchase requests, forecasting, etc. Your educational background, negotiating savvy, intellectual curiosity, unbridled ambition, procurement process prowess, and keen eyesight for contractual details will help guide business leaders toward making the best procurement decisions possible.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; you've spent 5-7 years in a fast-paced, high volume transaction processing environment and understand contractual business lingo, financialforecasting, capital and operating expenses, and accruals
- A systems pro: you're well-versed with using and evaluating systems; bonus points if you've used a robust procurement platform such as Coupa or iProcurement
- Humbitious: You're intellectually curious, always willing to admit what you don't know; you're unafraid of asking questions that ensure alignment with leadership
- Analytically-minded: like a seasoned scientist, you examine contracts under a microscope; you seek out the fine-print "gotchas," lay out the costs, and alert business owners of any and all associated risks
- A communications virtuoso: from written and verbal communication to messenger pigeon, your communications are well-meant and well-understood
- A team player: Dependable, flexible, and always contributing, you're all about working alongside other knowledgeable, fast-moving pros
- Support the product finance team and product owners to execute and ship a PO by coordinating deliverables, completing process documentation, and removing bottlenecks across the multi-disciplinary stakeholders to ensure a seamless purchase-to-pay process
- Provide assistance to the Product, Initiative, or Discipline in making the right purchase, at the right time and for the right cost
- Liaise with the Product, Initiative, or Discipline to forecast purchases so as to minimize last minute purchases
- Provide monthly purchasing summaries to purchase requestors, product owners, and product finance partners
- Work with other purchasing agents to ensure a consistent approach to purchasing at Riot
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.