Purchasing / Acquisition / Procurement Specialist
Position Title: Purchasing/Acquisition/Procurement Specialist
Position Number: 260521
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Desired Skill Set:
Inventory Control, Negotiation, SAP R/3, Supply Chain
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.”
Procurement Specialist, Senior| San Luis Obispo, CA | 12 months |
Work Location: San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
• Department Overview Generation Supply Chain is responsible for all Supply Chain activities that directly support the operation and decommissioning of the utility owned generation assets.
• This includes procurement of materials and services, inventory management and warehousing.
Position Summary This position is primarily responsible for:
• The procurement of services which includes preparing, issuing and administrating Contracts, Master Agreements, CWA''s and/or Purchase Orders for services in accordance with company procedures and policies.
• Preparing and administering requests for proposal and requests for information and managing bid events.
• Sourcing and supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach
• Contract management activities
• Supplier performance management, compliance management and management of the procure to pay cycle.
• Personal interface with and consulting support of client line of business personnel, including officers.
• Travel is estimated to be less than 10% of the time with some overnight stays.
• To obtain and maintain employment at Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant (DCPP), you must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen, a security background check for unescorted access to the plant, psychological screen and be subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
• Four (5) years or more experience in services procurement or contract administration
• Five (5) years or more contract administration experience in a nuclear or other generation facility.
• Background in commercial law.
• Three (3) years or more experience using SAP R3 Materials Management module, knowledgeable in SAP Work Management and Financial modules.
• Bachelor''s degree or higher in business, supply chain management or other related fields.
• Extensive commercial negotiations experience.
• Certification from Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills.
• Expert in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Perform spend analyses, needs assessments, benchmarking and business case development for sourced providers.
• Identify and select relevant suppliers using market data, qualified suppliers list and qualitative and quantitative analysis, plant requirements and diversity.
• Seek out and develop Women, Minority and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (WMDVBEs) to meet or exceed supplier diversity goals.
• Develop requests for information and requests for proposals, prepare bid analysis criteria and evaluations, conduct negotiations and manage the bid process through contract award.
• Analyze supplier proposals and identify potential cost savings, spend reduction, supplier consolidation and standardization opportunities.
• Use independent judgment in selecting and applying best known procurement methods and techniques to determine cost-effective and practical solutions.
• Champion client sourcing initiatives with clients and suppliers, alike.
• Purchase goods and services in accordance with company procedures and policies.
• Process documents in SAP such as purchase requisitions, purchase orders, purchase order changes and outline agreements
• Coordination with line of business personnel to successfully administer the contract.
• Assist technical coordinators in managing and resolving blocked invoices in accordance with terms of the Contract or Purchase Order, coordinate with suppliers and accounts payable as needed.
Supplier Relationship Management:
• Develop and sustain mutually beneficial strategic relationships with suppliers.
• Develop and review supplier performance scorecards with top tier suppliers, using Key Performance Indicators.
• Work with suppliers to implement continuous cost and quality improvements.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.