Title : Puppet Engineer
Location : NYC
Duration : Full Time/Permanent
Visa : US Citizen/GC/TN
· Strong experience in leading technical teams.
· 4+ yrs. experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
· Good knowledge with Puppet, Puppet's declarative language to specify system configuration in Puppet manifests, complex resource dependencies, compilation into catalogs for distribution to target systems/servers, and split Puppet Master architecture.
· Proven configuration management skills and mindset.
· Experience maintaining large clusters using configuration tools such as : Puppet/Chef.?
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
· Prior experience of operating highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions.
· Strong hands-on experience in any of the scriptinglanguage Shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
· Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, etc).
· Work with development teams to identify and implement automation in appropriate areas.
· Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
· Deep, working knowledge of web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred platforms).
· Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.