Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 450 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™. It is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality.
A leader in global irrigation, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
This person will be responsible for leading and driving our Commercial Pump sales effort in California. The successful candidate will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to California Sales Team. The California Pump Sales Manager is a highly technical position that works with a great deal of autonomy in developing the CA Turf pump station market for Rain Bird. In addition, the California Pump Sales Manager works with the local Sales Team and Distributors to ensure that Rain Bird Pump Stations are accepted and specified on commercial irrigation projects and pump station renovation projects.
- Working in conjunction with the Pump Group General Manager, Marketing and Sales Managers to develop and execute the Commercial pump sales plan. Define and implement strategies to achieve significant growth.
- Work with other California Sales Managers to set goals, priorities and direction for the domestic sales force and ensure pump results at the regional level.
- Work with the other Sales Managers to provide training for the domestic sales force to ensure they are effective at gaining specification for our pumps and at selling them to distributors, contractors, public agencies and other end-users.
- Grow sales faster than the market growth rate and achieve sales objectives.
- Track and monitor sales progress and make changes and recommendations as needed.
- Working with the Marketing department, ensure the marketing and product line plans will achieve desired results and that the sales team have the sales and marketing tools they need to effectively sell Commercial pumps in California.
- Working with the Pump group, to ensure that quality, quotation, delivery, commissioning, after-sales service meet customer expectations
- Participate in new product development activities to represent the voice of the customer.
- Participation and development of strategic contractor events, tradeshows and regional events.
- Educate and influence the irrigation contractor on the value of Rain Bird’s turf products; their application and key benefits as it relates to product preference.
- This position requires approximately 30% overnight travel.
- Undergraduate degree and four or more years of experience in Sales. Proven ability to sell.
- Sales experience with pump stations or another highly-technical, custom-engineered product.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic and tactical thinking and detailed planning.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Strategic thinker with strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- MBA degree.
- Experience in wholesale distribution or business to business marketing, irrigation design and installation.
- Fluency in Spanish.