More information about this job
Mercy is the seventh largest Catholic health care system in the U.S. and serves millions annually. Mercy includes 34 acute care hospitals, nearly 700 clinic and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 integrated physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Mercy Clinic is a strong, physician-led and professionally managed integrated health care system. We focus on clinical integration across our communities ensuring that the latest technology and specialty care is available to support even our most outlying primary care locations.
Mercy Clinic in Joplin has an excellent opportunity for a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care physician, due to the growth in our current program.
- Established, quality-driven pulmonary/critical care practice
- Choose your practice preference: critical care practice, pulmonary practice or a pulmonary/critical care practice
- 25 Bed ICU
- 9 Bed Transitional Care Unit
- Shared 12hr ICU shifts
- Full back-up from subspecialties
- Strong referral base
- Fully integrated EMR (EPIC)
- Support from Mercy’s Virtual Care Center (e-ICU, e-Acute, and Tele Neuro/Stroke)
Compensation and benefits include:
- Aggressive compensation package with studentloan repayment with NHSC
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement (401k/403b) plan
- Relocation assistance up to $8,000
Mercy Hospital Joplin:
- Brand-new, state-of-the-art Mercy Hospital Joplin contains the latest technologies and design innovations
- Offers specialty care on its main campus and supports primary care clinics throughout the community, serving more than 19 Joplin-area counties.
- Services include Telemedicine, Birthing Center, sophisticated ICU and NICU, state-of-the-art Emergency Department: level II trauma center, and an Accredited Cancer Center.
- Mature, integrated health system well-positioned to face future healthcare challenges.
Joplin is located in the southwestern corner of Missouri, in an area referred to as the “Four State Area” given its close proximity to communities in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Joplin has a population of approximately 50,000 and a daytime population of 240,000. The population within a 40-mile radius of Joplin is 400,000, making it Missouri’s fourth largest metropolitan area. Joplin’s convenient I-44location attracts tourists and travelers and serves as a popular destination for conferences and events. The city park system maintains nearly 1,000 acres and includes a golf course, numerous swimming pools, and 15 miles of scenic walking/biking trails.
Requisition ID 2015-714187