- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- National Provider ID obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Practitioner specializing in Advanced Practice credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. National Certification as a Certified Nurse Specialist, Advanced Certified Hospice & Palliative Care Nurse, Specialty certification AOCNP (Advanced Oncology Certified NP) preferred,
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Drug Enforcement Admin.
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). PALS requirement is facility dependent.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's degree in Nursing required
- Minimum four (4) years clinical nursing experience or equivalent required.