$80K — $100K *
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides direct and indirect medical care of high quality in both the office-based and hospital setting to a variety of Pulmonary, Critical care & Sleep patients in a cost-effective and comprehensive manner.
- Ensures that evidence based care is provided
- Utilizes appropriate and effective patient care plans, including diagnostic procedures, therapies and consultations, when rendering care. Completes charts concurrently as patients are seen.
- Assures continuity of care through adequate scheduling and tracking of return visits, when completing treatment plans and when following-up on patients with chronic problems, abnormal tests, and no-shows.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Provides periodic health screening and preventive care including baseline and interval physical exams, pulmonary risk appraisals, and treatment.
- Provides appropriate patient education including clear explanation of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis; use and side effects of prescribed medications; health maintenance; and the use of appropriate educational “handouts” or other written instructions.
- Participates in standardizing care pathways for common diseases and confirms to these pathways as indicated
- Utilizes infection control and safety protocols appropriately in the delivery of medical care
- Ensures that quality health care services are provided and that services are compliant with managed care contracts and third party payer guidelines.
- Assures compliance with VMG policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in the Corporate and office-specific business development and strategic planning process. Supports actions that promote the achievement of VMG’s strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
- Participates in practice’s on-call schedules as needed. The on-call schedule is fluid and may change depending upon staffing.
- MD or DO
- Training and experience in the specialty of Pulmonary, Critical Care and /or Sleep medicine
- Maintains up-to-date credentials including: CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, ACLS certification preferred, documentation of hospital admitting privileges, copies of managed care contracts. Forwards same (e.g., upon renewal) to Director of Clinical Services at corporate office.
- Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges. Forwards same (e.g., upon renewal) to Director of Medical Staff Administration.
- Board Certified /Eligible
- Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times and uses AIDET steps when required. Responds with concern, cooperation and respect and establishes cooperative working relationships with all individuals with whom contact is made.
- Outstanding interpersonal, service excellence and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to present information to all customers and/or individuals of varying age groups.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely, both verbal and written.
- Ability to create, maintain and support a high functioning team; establish and foster cooperative working relationships with staff and management; and function effectively as part of that team.
- Strong orientation towards the provisions of high quality, cost effective and comprehensive medical care.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful, and compassionate.
- Demonstrates ability to listen and respond in a non-judgmental manner, with clear expectations.
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the Valley Health System's Leadership Standards and Values, as well as the Valley Medical Group’s Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ability to represent the organization positively at all times.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of private healthcare, financial and other company information at all times.
- Ability to honor commitments to the job and members of the team.
- Ability to speak constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for job duties and organizational responsibilities.
- Ability to support company-wide efforts to improve and maintain a high level of patient/customer satisfaction as evidenced by (but not limited to) customer/patient satisfaction survey scores and other organizational and System's targets.
Valid through: 11/4/2020