Henry Holt & Co. is seeking a Publicity Manager to work on PR campaigns and strategic planning for our titles, specifically with a leadership role on our imprint. The Publicity Manager will create and execute publicity campaigns for a variety of high profile and debut authors, working closely with publishing and marketing colleagues.
What you'll do:
- Actively develop and maintain strong relationships with media contacts, including national, regional, local; online; and with podcasts, for general, fiction genre and diverse fiction and nonfiction titles.
- Coordinate mailings of your assigned books beginning with drafting a press list from Cision and other internal databases and creating messaging for the press materials and pitches to media.
- Develop proper angles and story ideas for books and authors, pitch for coverage to selected print and online book review editors, podcasts and to radio and TV producers.
- Actively maintain internal communications in company systems with frequent updates on confirmed and pending reviews and interviews and other press hits.
- Create all press materials for all assigned titles, including press releases, praise sheets, pitch letters and email blasts.
- Works with sales team to confirm book orders for events; afterwards to record attendance and sales numbers.
- Arrange travel and accommodations in an efficient and cost-effective manner; arrange virtual tours on various media platforms like Zoom, Crowdcast et. al.
- Prepare authors for interviews and readings with basic media tips and training.
- Accompany authors to interviews and events, including moderating virtual vents.
- Handle regional events for ABA and ALA panels.
What you'll bring:
- Exhibits sound judgment in decision-making; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Attentive reader of fiction and nonfiction
- Sets challenging goals and demonstrates persistence in problem solving
- Prioritizes and uses time effectively
- Exhibits excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadline
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years previous book publicity experience
- Well-rounded knowledge of trade and general media, media marketplace, and competition
- Established relationships with major national media contacts, including TV news and radio producers