This full-time position directs and oversees a variety of trades and crafts staff members in the construction,alteration, preventive maintenance, and repair of all facilities and other real property, utility plants and systems, and grounds. Plans, organizes, and directs the operation, maintenance, and repair for systems, buildings, and facilities throughout the installation. Leads in developing and meeting the goals and objectives of the annual budget, and provides leadership to staff. Position will additionally serve as the Deputy Project Manager for the Base Operations Support Services Contract.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Exercising daily management, operational, and administrative control of all resources.
- Ensuring active compliance of all operations and maintenance (O&M) activities and personnel with quality program and continuous improvement objectives.
- Maintaining close relationship with Government counterparts to ensure that work efforts are aligned with customer priorities and schedules.
- Coordinates joint maintenance efforts with other onsite Government contractors to ensure timely completion resulting in minimal impact to the military.
- Allocating personnel and assets to support changes in work requirements or emergencies/contingencies without degradation of other commitments.
- Anticipating future trends in personnel and material requirements.
- Coordinating efforts of other company operational groups in preparing or responding to specifications or requirements.
- Applying state-of-the art management and maintenance practices to the operation, maintenance, and inspection of facilities and utilities.
- Using exemplary employee motivation management techniques on a continuing basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Attending or delegating attendance at all installation meetings involving O&M issues and when attendance is requested by another installation activity.
- Conducting meetings, councils, committees, or boards for which facility and systems O&M is the responsible function.
- Evaluating installation facility and systems operations suggestions.
- Managing participation in installation contingency planning for emergency, disaster recovery, exercises, and operations requiring O&M support.
- Oversee the project Hazardous Spill Response Team.
- Oversee data collection, data input, and data retrieval as required.
- Ensures that the standards, policies, procedures and processes, as well as overall safety and security policies are implemented.
- Plans and directs the maintenance and repair of installation buildings by coordinating projects with customers, explaining the scope of the work and impact to the customer, scheduling contractor activities
- Attending meetings with project team to update and review projects, and contacting supervisors regarding special events.
- Assists in the formulation and maintenance of the goals and objectives of the annual budget by working with managers to develop methods for accomplishing goals, and providing information about the impact of a new facility or renovation on the existing budget.
- Manages staff by reviewing and submitting performance evaluations, meeting with supervisors to review employee concerns, and facilitating resolution of issues between supervisor and employee.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders and vendor/contractor agreements.
- Responsible for organizing and scheduling work according to work orders; estimating work-hour requirements; delegating work to maintenance personnel who are in charge of the maintenance of mechanical and electrical operations of the physical plant to make sure that all systems are in excellent working condition.
- Responsible for maintaining contacts with vendors/contractors for the requisition of supplies and materials, keeping of accurate inventory, and making sure that all repair spare parts are always available by ordering their replenishment when needed.
- Recommend and plan for acquisition of new equipment in order to improve production or reduce cost.
- Establishes policies and procedures for performance and control of all project business management functions and technical support.
- Ensures quality standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
- Has overall responsibility for Quality Control and Safety on the project. Participates in quality defects investigations and development of resolutions (corrective and preventive).
- Monitors performance of functional managers/supervisors and submissions of required reports and Contract Data Requirements List.
- Prompt resolution of issues associated with performance.
- Leads the workforce in implementing partnering with customers to continuously improve performance and business relations.
- Serves as principal liaison between the company and U.S Army stakeholders on the contract.
- Directs and approves contract modifications, approves budgets, monitors contractual performance and costs, and takes action to correct discrepant conditions. Has overall responsibility for P&L of the contract.
- Maintains working knowledge of requisite business systems as they relate to the contract, including ability to implement future programs.
- Provides guidance and direction to finance and accounting, human resources, training, security, safety, and environmental.
- Conducts briefings and participates in meetings for internal and external stakeholders concerning specific project operations.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein but which are logically and properly inheren
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years’ experience with responsible oversight of large base operations support functions
• 10 years’ experience with regulatory compliance, including OSHA, EPA and FAR
• Developed supervisory skills with proven ability to direct customer focused teams providing maintenance, and facility alterations and repair services
• Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
• Experience with General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS) software a strength
• Experience with RS Means cost estimating software is a strength
• Proven ability to manage and coordinate activities of staff engaged in planning and scheduling of maintenance and repair work
• Knowledge of physical plant management including exposure to building systems, HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical
• Knowledge of environmental matters relating to materials handling, site maintenance, and grounds maintenance.
• Strong communication and leadership skills to enable the incumbent to work across all departments and sections.
• Ability to gain cooperation, coordinate the work of others, and build a cohesive team.
• Skill in written and oral presentations.
• Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work. • Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
• Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely and economical solutions.
• Degree in engineering, related discipline or business. May substitute two years’ work experience in related field for each year of required education.
• Four years of related supervisory experience and eight years total experience in facilities maintenance work management functions.
• Experience in Government contract environments desired. Requires solid office administration and customer service skills.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present to Government client in a formal environment