What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you will be responsible for integrating secure and interoperable technology solutions from Verizon into an “as a Service” model for government agencies to easily procure and use to deliver on their mission. The span of this role will work with internal cross functional teams and external customers/partners to define & design product features, develop business and technical requirements, and work closely with development teams and partners to deliver end to end solutions at scale to our customers. This position will partner with various teams to perform these functions, however, the Product Manager has primary responsibility for the product success of their vertical product/solution.
In this position, the Product Manager will identify and define a suite of solution capabilities and work collaboratively across sales, engineering, customer design/experience, marketing, and operations organizations in addition to external customers and partners. In short, you will be responsible for devising and executing a winning plan as the owner of the products and offers you create, grow, and manage. If you're passionate about solving customers’ problems by building products that make a positive impact by leveraging the latest emerging technologies, then join us at Verizon!
- Develop product roadmap for government solutions focused on emerging solutions such as quantum networking, Enterprise IT as a service, remote working, engagement and network modernization.
- Research and analyze public sector industry gaps and trends, competitive landscape, work with customers to identify problems, and work with internal stakeholders – map inputs to prioritize product strategy and roadmap features.
- Understand and implement government compliance by design (e.g. - FISMA, FedRAMP, CSfC, etc) alongside innovative technology (e.g. - AI, VR, SDN, NFV, etc) in a seamless delivery mechanism and CX.
- Develop financial business case for products working with finance, building product assumptions, perform competitive analysis to influence and recommend competitive product pricing and market share assumptions.
- Work with sales and evaluate market dynamics to determine product sales assumptions; and evaluate cost assumptions to determine overall product margin impacts.
- Build solution business requirements documentation and obtain approvals through the product launch process.
- Determine gaps in existing capabilities within Verizon and source appropriate vendors/partners to fill those gaps.
- Partner closely with the Technical Solution Manager for their creation of the Technical Requirements Documents, and stay connected through them for the entire development, testing, and quality control cycle.
- Partner closely with the Solution Specialists and Marketing on demand generation activities to find the initial pilots with the sales enablement organization in addition to driving the success of the solution Proof of Concept and Pilot Engagements.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Public Sector industry and identify industry trends.
- Develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Think digitally regarding product, sales, customer, and full life cycle experience with the goal of improving the customer experience from beginning to end.
- Author collateral, FAQs, white papers, and presentations that can be leveraged across Verizon, external partners, and customers.
- Interact with senior level executives within Verizon and with Fortune 500 companies.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Information Systems or Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Eight or more years of Public Sector segment experience.
- Seven or more years of product management experience.
- Experience delivering complex integrated solutions, in a lean/agile/design-led development environment.
- Knowledge of the product management lifecycle.
- Experience in financial analysis, pricing and building business cases.
- Experience with communications and network based technologies (e.g. - SDN, NFV, UC).
- Knowledge of a broad range of wireline and wireless transport mediums and technologies (e.g. - LTE, 5G, PIP, MPLS, etc).
- Knowledge of innovations in technology and their potential use cases and impact (e.g. - AI/ML, VR, AR, XR).
- Knowledge of hosted service providers such as AWS, MS Azure.
- Experience managing multiple initiatives with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in Project management.
- Exceptional presentation skills using tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google G-Suite.
- Excellent written/verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization..