Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
As a Sales Representative in NetApp's U.S. Public Sector sales function, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products, Solutions, Data Services and Support to state agencies and departments within the State of California as well as maintaining positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs.
Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business opportunities, creating proposals for presentation to customers, and booking business for NetApp. Cross-functional teams from NetApp's Storage, Systems & Software; Cloud Infrastructure; and Cloud Data Services business units provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and advanced value selling techniques to be successful in this role.
The primary responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to work directly with the focus list of enterprise customers and prospects to sell NetApp products and services. Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include:
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within state agencies and departments in California.
- Schedule and attend sales meetings with customers. Other NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Have discussions with new levels and buyer profiles (Cloud Architect, Application Developer, Chief Data Scientist, Chief Information Officer, etc.).
- Utilizing the NetApp advanced value selling methodology to: Discover opportunities for NetApp to co-create Customer value by effectively gathering information about what the customer values most from a business perspective throughout sales process; Align internally and externally with what matters most to NetApp's Customers; Position NetApp's strengths and capture Customer mindshare by articulating solution value and differentiation – aligned to business initiatives, and Differentiate NetApp's unique business value and capture Customer preference.
- Discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, written sales proposal, or formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are met.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the department and across functions.
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help the customer make buying decisions.
- Maintain updated selling activity notes in NetApp's customer resource management system, and accurately forecast business opportunities.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, enterprise accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, external partners, and has direct customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives.
- 3 to 5 years selling data management or comparable technologies.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful track record of selling into local government and educational institutions.