Public Sector Sales Manager (FirstNet, Wireless, IoT / M2M)
Our client markets some of the fastest and smartest networking solutions available to the public sector today. Their solutions are giving cities real-world solutions to save money, go green, streamline traffic, and keep the public safe.
They are hiring a Public Sector Sales Manager to meet the growing demand of state and local governments for smart city technology. This will include all municipalities, police, fire, transit, etc.
The Public Sector Sales Manager will focus on the high-growth Southeast sales region, where many are rushing to upgrade aging public infrastructure, mission critical connectivity, and first responder connections.
They will build a big-picture marketing strategy to meet the needs of today’s public sector customers. Additionally, they will have access to FirstNet technologyinfrastructure deals for first responders.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary package plus uncapped commissions and a comprehensive benefits package, including health care options, performance bonuses, 401(K) company match, and more.
- Access to a high-growth sales region within the wireless space, which is expected to grow $4+ billion dollars over the next decade.
- Outstanding sales record in 2017 so far, building on strong success in the past three years running.
- Portfolio of emerging public safety technology, including FirstNet, smart metering, smart power grids, connected devices, cutting-edge surveillance, Big Data analytics, 5G data networks, IoT/M2M devices, large-area Wi-Fi, and public safety technology.
- Opportunity to sell advanced wireless/wireline technology at a time when the public sector is investing heavily in new smart infrastructure.
- Extensive salessupport resources and tools, including pre-sales personnel, sales engineering team, solutions managers, marketing team, account managers, mentors, and channel managers.
- High-profile clients and prospects within government at the federal, state, and municipality level; opportunity to build a very strong client base.
- Opportunity to attend top industry trade shows, conferences, and events.
- Understand public safety needs at the municipality, state, and federal level, and develop sales proposals for wireless networking technology.
- Work on FirstNet-ready public safety networking deals: interoperable switching, advanced network management, connected disaster response, and improved network coverage for emergency personnel.
- Meet with product managers, pre-sales, engineers, and implementation teams to develop new sales strategies.
- Build custom solutions proposals in line with modern and emerging technology solutions, including IoT/M2M, 5G networking, smart city solutions, and connected device integration within the wireless smart devices market.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Familiarity with FirstNet (First Responder Network Authority) standards and best practices for upgrading first-responder communications technology.
- Able to explain and sell wireless technology in the following areas:
- 4G/LTE and LTE-A
- Emerging IoT/M2M technologies
- IP networking
- CDMA, EVDO
- 4+ years of selling B2B wireless networking solutions, ideally to the public sector.
- Strong negotiation and technical presentation skills, especially to decision-makers in the public sector.
- Up to 70% travel, with some remote and work-from-home options.