It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are seeking an experienced Public Sector Account Executive to join our growing LED Middle Enterprise team. In this role you will focus on increasing market share in Middle Enterprise accounts in an assigned region. By joining our already successful team, you will be an instrumental part of our consistent year over year revenue growth!
- Actively engage with prospective new and existing customers via phone, web conference and in-person to introduce Proofpoint products and our value proposition
- Consistently research and prospect within your assigned territory accounts to identify new potential Proofpoint customers in the Mid-Market segment
- Drive the entire sales process from start to finish including prospecting, opportunity identification, introductory meetings, product demonstration, customer Q&A, as well as negotiation and closing
- Team up with our rapidly expanding channel partner network to drive both net-new and incremental revenue
- Interact with the management team in 1-1, team meetings and via forecasting and reporting to provide critical updates, and strategic account planning
- Become a perpetual student of Proofpoint products, and the ever changing CyberSecurity industry!
- May require modified work hours to cover accounts in other time zones, and occasional travel for key accounts
What you bring to the team
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience selling complex enterprise class software In the Public Sector
- Experience selling to either Mid-Market or Enterprise level accounts strongly preferred
- Track record of sustained success/over-achievement in a sales role
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through negotiation and closing
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) as well as organizational skills
- Great attitude, and a team player that will share their recipe(s) for success
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required