This position is based at our Palm Beach County Convention Center. Opened in 2004, The Palm Beach County Convention Center presents a spectacular setting for conventions, trade shows, meetings and social events. An architectural masterpiece with state-of-the-art amenities, the 350,000 square-foot center features a 100,000 square-foot exhibit hall, a 22,000 square-foot ballroom and 21,000 square feet of flexible breakout space divisible into 19 rooms.
- Assume supervisory responsibility for all services and activities involved in facility and event security and parking operations (cash management and internal control management).
- Oversee both a 24hr/7day facility security operation as well as specific additional event security operations.
- Assume coordinating function of event security in conjunction with client's security personnel.
- Serve as primary liaison with all levels of law enforcement and fire rescue.
- Request and manage the services of EMT/paramedics for event needs.
- Request and manage the services of local law enforcement for event needs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of facility Emergency Preparedness Policies and Procedures. Remain calm and provide effective supervision of staff in emergency life threatening response situations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of assigned programs and functions.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- If utilized, assume supervisory responsibility of any outside security labor used by the Convention Center. Coordinate the ordering, scheduling, sign-in and verification of hours worked by temporary security labor. Coordinate the placement and training of these laborers and generally supervise their work.
- Provide information and recommendations to Director of Events for the development and administration of the Public Safety Department annual budget related to staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies, including parking division.
- Develop procedures for use of and coordination with County ESS/ISS departments for maintenance and oversight of closed circuit television, alarm systems, and door access / badging system. Recommend requested improvements and enhancements to systems to maximize overall visibility of facility and grounds.
- Recommend modifications to security and employee safety programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Serve as primary coordinator of employee certification for use of specialty equipment including forklifts, aerial lifts, etc. Establish and monitor program to ensure compliance with policies by all users of such equipment.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Possess demonstrable experience with the characteristics, services and activities of public facility security and safety programs.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in security services including at least two years of supervisory responsibility.
- Verifiable experience as a supervisor of similar operations in a large, service oriented environment.
- Demonstrate crowd management and control techniques.
- Understand principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public or business administration or a related field.
- Directly applicable years of sworn law enforcement may substitute for degree.
- Must have a valid, clean driver's license.
- Relevant work experience in a first class convention center is preferred.