We search for those with big ideas, strong opinions and the energy to bring them to life. Collaboration, curiosity and passion underpin everything we do. Our core values encourage an environment that fosters innovation and inclusion. We strive to celebrate individuality and be a place where every employee is empowered to be heard and ask for what they want.
The Vice President position is a unique opportunity to become a leader for an innovative PR agency. As a senior member of our management team, our Vice President has to be a visionary creative type with 10+ years of experience growing teams and delighting clients. The Vice President will also be involved in new business development and operational leadership. As a growing boutique public relations firm, the Vice President role is a pivotal position as this individual will serve as a mentor, manager and lead example for all account teams on client management, quality assurance, staff development and strategic guidance. If you have been waiting to discover a role that allows you to be a catalyst in a thriving, meaningful workplace, then Highwire might be just the place for you.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance brand identity.
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Highwire to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization.
- Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Recruit and manage a communications team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Manage, mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Attend networking events, seminars and conferences, including out-of-hours, as required to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts.
Vice President Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers. Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented. Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator. Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives