As a member of the Public Relations team, this position will serve as dedicated support to Provider Relations, evaluating existing communications channels and recommending and implementing new approaches in order to streamline communications efforts related to strategic communications initiatives. Position will assist with ongoing business communications while serving as the primary PR representative in cross-functional work teams at leadership/strategic levels and operational levels.
1) Works with assigned business to align public relations strategy with business objectives; advises on optimal message content and timing; develops appropriate level of short term and long term support.
2) Contributes to the development and fostering of relationship with key media contacts.Serves as media contact and responds to media requests.
3) Serves as media contact and responds to media requests.
4) Provides business and consumer focused brand journalism for company blog.
5) Secures media placements related to assigned business areas and projects.
6) Coaches business partners on key message development and becoming effective company spokespersons.
Knowledge of health industry preferred.