- Proactively working with internal stakeholders to identify potential issues and build strategic plans to mitigate situations before they occur.
- Work with executives to develop response plans when an issue occurs.
- Develop cross-functional response materials, including executive communications, internal communications, customer service and media responses
- Defining and executing on communications strategies for issues that have significant corporate and/or product brand impact.
- Partnering with teams including customer service, social media, marketing, etc. across the company to develop and mature reputation management plans, processes and procedures.
- Providing executive communications and analysis to leaders and various stakeholders across the company during the lifecycle of the issue.
- Creating strategic communications plans to support the company’s position on regulatory issues.
- Coordinating Rover’s press response to breaking news stories, working closely with global and local teams.
- Working directly with high profile, influential journalists.
- Strong media relations experience.
- Reliable problem identification, judgment, resolution and decision-making skills often in ambiguous, quickly developing situations.
- Excellent written communication skills, which does not waiver with short deadlines.
- An ability to assess the severity and priority of multiple incoming inquiries from press, customers and internal employees.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with executives.
- Confidence to take the reigns of situations as well as provide counsel and recommendations with the executive team.
- The ability to grasp the dynamics of an issue, creatively think through possible approaches and articulate the way in which a situation can be explained and contextualized for various audiences.
- Understanding of best practices for monitoring press and social media mentions of a company and/or issue.
- Knowledge of or experience with the sharing economy is a plus.
- At least 7-10 years of public relations experience (agency and/or in-house).
- Well-versed in media relations best practices and a proven track record of successfully dealing with complex, strategic, communications challenges.
- Experience supporting regulatory issues is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, english or related field is required.