Manage the communications and public relations activities to enhance the image of MMNA’s brand/products and support the Company's key business objectives and strategies.
1. Develop strategies and plans, execute, monitor, and evaluate the brand/product media activities to ensure maximum exposure of MMNA’s products to US automotive and lifestyle media outlets, in support of marketing department and product activities to enhance the Company’s image.
2. Manage the relationship with the PR Agency of Record, as well as other vendors as needed. Serve as primary contact to public relations agency for product related initiatives and issues.
3. Develop the PR budget, and oversee all PR contracts.
4. Develop and release press kits, press web site and other material to key automotive and lifestyle media about MMNA products. Supervise the News Bureau and agency handling of the media website.
5. Manage public relations press fleet; supervising staff and vendor partners to optimize media usage.
6. Develop strong relationships with major US automotive and lifestyle media. Represent MMNA at automotive media organizations meetings and events.
7. Oversee, manage and execute Press Events in accordance with Auto Shows (product reveals, etc.). Develop press kits; supervise editorial content for product presentations at auto shows. Coordinate activities of agency in support of the auto shows.
8. Coordinate brand/product information responses among Mitsubishi Motors North America divisions, working as part of the NA communications team.
9. Develop PR Communications for Employees/Dealers and other audiences as needed.
10. Manage National Auto Shows, meetings/events along with press events.
11. Other duties as assigned.
• 8 - 10 years exempt level automotive experience in Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
• BA/BS Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Experience with Brand, Product and/or Lifestyle publication relations.
• Experience leading project teams of significant scope/complexity.
• Experience in planning, coordinating and executing Press Events.
• Advanced knowledge of public relations.
• Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines while delivering quality results.
• Experience planning, coordinating, and conducting regional short-lead and national long-lead press previews for automotive products.
• Previously established relationships with national editors and writers of key automotive publications.
• Knowledge of automotive product lines, features, operating systems, and technologies a plus.