Industry: Business Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 339 days ago
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
The Public Relations Manager reports directly to the Director of Public Relations, Corporate Affairs. S/he represents Michelin North America's various brands, services and product lines to the media and other external stakeholders in support of respective business objectives. The PR Manager builds brand equity and enhances the corporate reputation by developing and executing positive media interactions and public relations initiatives. The PR Manager also supports other core functions within the press office team as needed, including crisis/issue management, budgeting and other matters that may arise.
- Develops and executes strategic communication plans or tactics for all assigned corporate initiatives, product lines and business units, which may include corporate announcements, new product launches, brand marketing, promotions, trade and industry events.
- Supervises the implementation of strategic plans and communications support, coordinating transverse or cross-functional working groups, and reporting to all levels of corporate leadership (department, unit, zone or Group), as the program requires.
- Develops and supervises the public relations portions of the product line and brand budgets to include development and approving expenditures, vendor selection, and tracking performance against objectives.
- Special emphasis on PR support for Michelin's 2-Wheel segment (Moto and Velo)
- Special emphasis on PR support for Michelin's Travel and Lifestyle unit, which includes Michelin's iconic "Red Guides" in four U.S. cities, Michelin travelguides, related "Michelin experiences," a portfolio of products licensed underMichelin brand, and other related activities.
- Monitoring and reporting key performance metrics for the PR practice in U.S. and Canada.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
- BA/BS degree or higher in Public Relations, journalism, communications or related discipline
- 5-7 years' experience in national/multi-national public relations categories.
- PR experience supporting outdoor/adventure segments as well as restaurants, cuisine, hospitality, entertainment or retail segments preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; a skills assessment may be required.
- Foreign-language competence in French is considered a strong benefit (but not required).