Cylance is seeking a Public Relations Manager for our Irvine, CA headquarters. You will report to the VP Communications and be an integral part of the communications team. In this role, you will manage public relations efforts across various domestic and international at Cylance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Proactively coordinates public relations (PR) campaigns for Cylance’s technology products throughout multiple countries; drives positive coverage of Cylance that reaches IT security teams and business decision makers.
- Executes PR projects and manages PR agencies for Cylance domestically and internationally.
- Coordinates executive press briefings, media sessions, and events in conjunction with regional PR teams and agencies.
- Builds cross functional relationships between departments to assess needs, understand Cylance products and services, and gather information for campaigns.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest Cylance products and services, industry best practices, and customer/stakeholder needs; attends applicable trainings, conferences, and learns new tools as needed
- Understands the competitive landscape and Cylance positioning within that landscape
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Six to eight years’ experience as an in-house or agency public relations professional or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in related field; MBA preferred
- Advanced writing skills; proven ability to write effective media artifacts, concise pitch documents, executive briefing documents, and more
- Advanced knowledge and application of various PR tools, including, but not limited to AirPR, Muckrack, AEM, and Hootsuite; ability to build and manage various analytical / reporting models
- Social media expertise across all trending and established channels
- Ability to build strong relationships among PR agencies, Cylance departments, and other stakeholders; ability to manage global agencies to established KPIs
- Ability to adapt, stay flexible, and make campaign changes as needed
- Effectively communicate in verbal and written form to various stakeholders
- Ability to work well within a diverse cross-functional teams, including working with executives, technical leads, and various marketing teams
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related tools
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Experience within security industry
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at Cylance
- The skills, strengths, and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts