LaunchSquad identifies and communicates stories for companies we love. You’ve probably heard of a few: American Giant, Uber, Coursera and DWave. From consumer and enterprise technology start ups to lifestyle and media companies, we partner with our clients, immerse ourselves in their product or services and build strategic public relations campaigns and original content marketing programs that resonate with key audiences. LaunchSquad’s Boston office is growing and we’re looking for an established storyteller and strategist to join our team and lead program development and execution for our clients.
Public Relations Managers lead four client accounts and teach junior teammates the core fundamentals necessary to produce amazing public relations and content marketing programs, delight clients and produce lasting results. Public Relations Managers are responsible for collaborating with start up founders and LaunchSquad leaders to craft a story, make strategic recommendations and deliver programs that help companies reach business goals.
Public Relations Managers have a masterful command of thought leadership, content marketing and media relations strategy and execution. They use these skills to identify opportunities and build programs with impact. Public Relations Managers are responsible for guiding the client and leading the day-to-day operations of account teams. They are comfortable expressing a point of view around the right work and strategies, challenging teams and individuals to do their best and driving results through exemplary action-focused leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6-8+ years of direct communications, public relations or marketing experience, preferably with technology companies, start-ups or within client services, campaign and/or agency environments
- Demonstrated experience independently conceptualizing, building and executing public relations campaigns that align with business objectives and produce significant results
- Established relationships with journalists, analysts and influencers with extensive media relations and influencer relations experience as well as campaign concepting, planning and execution experience
- Proficient writing and editing skills; experience developing and producing digital media and/or thought leadership programs
- Developed, adaptable management style with an emphasis on hands-on coaching and regular feedback
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to leading teams and achieving results
- Passion for your work and commitment to continuing to develop skills and learn and grow every day
- Positive, can-do attitude