In 1984, Teva created the world's first sport sandal on the banks of the Grand Canyon. Since then, we’ve outfitted free-spirited adventure-seekers all over the world with versatile, modern outdoor footwear. Teva’s mission is to give people everywhere the freedom to roam and to inspire adventure and exploration in whatever form they choose.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Marketing, the Public Relations Manager shapes the external reputation of the Teva brand, expanding reach, generating brand heat and creating cultural relevance. This individual is a natural leader, passionate about authentic and inclusive storytelling and has the creative vision to develop strategies that meaningfully connect with media, stand out in the marketplace and exemplify Teva brand values of expression, freedom and individuality.
The PR Manager will work with the global marketing and brand leadership team, cross-functional business partners and our PR agency to identify press opportunities and develop a cohesive strategy based on brand priorities. You’ll be responsible for leading the strategic vision of Teva PR, developing the global media relations and influencer marketing strategy to promote our brand and product launches. You will develop strategic partnerships and build goodwill among media, tastemakers, influencers, and emerging media communities. You should have experience securing brand stories, spokesperson interviews and editorial placements, working on celebrity and influencer programs and developing press materials for global usage.
If you are passionate about public relations, a creative problem solver and excel in thoughtful, inclusive and unique storytelling, then this is the role for you!
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of all Teva PR activities.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with members of the media, industry influencers and brand partners.
- Helps to position Teva as an industry leader, collaborating with internal stakeholders across brand design, merchandising and marketing to create compelling moments for product launches and brand stories.
- Ensures PR strategies are brand-right, consumer-focused, globally and commercially relevant, innovative and effective in driving brand awareness, engagement and loyalty with targeted media and consumers.
- Develops effective Public Relations strategies around initiatives that increase brand awareness, increase consideration, create brand heat and drive the business.
- Works with agency partners to execute a PR strategy that includes traditional and non-traditional PR tactics, influencer marketing and meaningful experiences for media and customers.
- Concepts and executes celebrity, influencer marketing and media events.
- Creates communication toolkits, inclusive of launch and seasonal press materials, to guide and educate regional PR teams and agency partners.
- Oversees internal communications of key initiatives, including project recaps with PR data and coverage.
- Ensures a consistent brand message across all brand communications.
- Manages PR budget and expenses.
Who You Are
- A natural leader with a positive, energetic and collaborative working style
- Tastemaker with passion for and knowledge of industry trends and youth culture
- A team player who is highly motived and a driven self-starter
- A problem-solver who can make quick decisions, and possess excellent conflict resolution skills
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
- Proven, successful track record in effective process, project, budget and team management
- Fearlessly problem solve and detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Emotionally intelligent and inclusive people leader
- Highly effective leadership skills with the ability to lead & influence cross-functional teams
- Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities
We’d love to hear from people with
- Must have at least 6-9 years of relevant public relations work experience, ideally leading public relations at a consumer and/or lifestyle brand
- Experience effectively designing strategic PR initiatives and driving results across a matrix organization
- Practical skills include:
- Expert in media relations with established contacts in fashion, lifestyle and business media
- Expertise in translating PR initiatives across integrated marketing channels, including social, ecommerce, events and global regions.
- Experience identifying, building and negotiating innovative and unexpected partnerships.
- Expert in managing PR agencies and contractors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative and out of the box thinker
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
What We'll Give You –
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.