The Public Relations Manager will manage project development and implementation, facilitate media interaction, proactively develop pitches and cultivate relationships with media. Managers own specific relationships at the property level to keep abreast of initiatives and priorities across 13 distinct Las Vegas resort brands as well as select regional properties. Managers have responsibility of coordinators and specialists. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Develops and maintains media relationships (locally, regionally, nationally and internationally) to result in editorial coverage for properties. Proactively pitch property amenities to include writing of pitches, development of trend ideas, journalist interaction, facilitation of property visits and evaluation of incoming requests for merit, including making recommendations on participation and coordination of all details.
- Develops strategic public relations plans, media events and announcements related to property-specific initiatives and objectives.
- Manages on-site filming of television shows, feature films, news programs, photo shoots, media familiarization trips, executive interviews and radio remotes.
- Drafts and distributes press releases; media follow up calls to garner coverage. Develops talking points and interview preparation.
- Managers attend regularly scheduled property meetings with marketing and operations teams to determine relevant content for media outreach and develop strategy for programming.
- Manages specialists and coordinators, overseeing workloads, setting priorities and responding to personnel issues.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment.
- Oversees internal project teams and outside agencies to execute on PR strategies and projects.
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years of leadership experience within Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of local, regional and national media industry.
- Demonstrated professional, effective writing skills and polished verbal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Media industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in Public Relations with hospitality, travel and tourism brands.
- Previous experience within a Public Relations agency.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.