LaunchSquad is known for building brands from the ground up. Together, we create original public relations, digital media and content marketing programs for some of the most innovative startup and mid-stage technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies around. LaunchSquad’s San Francisco office is growing and we’re looking for an established storyteller and strategist to join our team as a Public Relations Director.
LaunchSquad communicates stories for companies we love. You’ve probably heard of a few: American Giant, Boxed, Coursera and DWave. From consumer and enterprise technology startups to established lifestyle and media companies, we partner with our clients, immerse ourselves in their product or services and build strategic public relations campaigns and content marketing programs that resonate with key audiences.
It’s our job to help our clients find the right message and engage the right audiences. And it’s up to us to decide how strategies align with business objectives and help our clients produce impactful company results. From content marketing and community management to media relations and digital marketing, we drive brand awareness and inspires loyalty.
We don’t have a formula for our work. Every client partnership provides an opportunity to try something new. It starts with story. From there, we work together to develop, build and produce original programs. We research and concept, we plan and execute. We’re committed to delivering high-quality work and we’ll do just about anything to achieve our goals and produce results for clients and teammates alike.
About the Public Relations Director Opportunity:
Public Relations Directors lead five client accounts and take complete responsibility for teaching teams the core fundamentals necessary to produce amazing public relations and content marketing programs, delight clients and grow individual and team capabilities. Public Relations Directors are responsible for creating and leading the story, strategy and execution of our work across accounts. They create the story, develop strategy, guide clients and oversee the day-to-day operations of account teams independently.
Public Relations Directors are seasoned experts who have a masterful command of media relations and content strategy and production. As a leader, they know how to empower and motivate a team and carve out the time required to truly develop talent. As a growing professional, Public Relations Directors aren’t satisfied with what’s been done before and constantly challenge themselves to invent what’s next. They thrive on creative collaboration and lead by example. Like their teammates, Public Relations Directors love what they do and strive to learn and grow every day.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8-10+ years of direct communications, public relations or marketing experience, preferably with technology companies, start-ups or within client services, campaign and/or agency environments
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, building and executing public relations campaigns that align with business objectives and produce significant results
- Proven ability to build strategic partnerships with clients and deliver excellent program results
- Ability to design original content marketing and digital marketing programs for diverse audiences
- Experience concepting, planning and executing media relations programs, including established relationships with journalists, analysts and influencers
- Well developed, yet adaptable management style that targets both hard and soft skill development
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to leading teams and achieving results
- Passion for your work and commitment to continuing to develop skills and learn and grow
- Entrepreneurial spirit & drive