The Public Relations and External Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for leading the development and implementation of external communication and public relations to align the Corporate Communications strategy and MoneyGram’s overall global business objectives. The incumbent will create, refine, and integrate an effective communications strategy to stakeholders externally. This is a hands-on role, which will require the individual to leverage a thorough understanding of organizational strategy to develop, execute communications, and public relations programs/campaigns for all audiences and stakeholders, including, agents, and consumers. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading an array of core communications activities including executive communications, public and media relations, crisis communications, issues management and employee communications.
- Supports and executes on the global strategic corporate communications strategy designed to establish a compelling marketplace story to promote, advance, influence and defend the company’s image.
- Collaborates with external team members to help Identify and seizes opportunities to communicate the company’s values and core messages within the dedicated region including its commitment to the community and social responsibility both internally and externally across multiple audiences and stakeholders.
- Works closely with the Marketing Team to develop public relations programs that will support and complement marketing campaigns to drive positive stories and communications globally.
- Anticipates, identifies and mitigates communications and risk.
- Provides development and distribution of written, oral and electronic communications to deliver the company story to a wide variety of external stakeholders by utilizing presentations, announcements, newsletters, speeches, meetings, town halls, webcasts and website as well as other communication opportunities defined by the organizational strategy.
- Creates tools that measures and monitors the effectiveness of communications initiatives.
- Develops and directs methodology to facilitate information sharing/collaboration among all branch offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of communications, public relations, journalismexperience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Attention to detail and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad knowledge of marketing and communication principles.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and change course as required.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
- Communications, Media or Public Relations, strongly preferred.
- Blog, social voice, web content/story experience a plus.