Lenovo is a $21B global technology leader and the world’s second largest PC company withmarket share growth that has outpaced the market the last 11 quarters. We are looking for a strong Sales Director to lead our Northeast Government & HIED sales team to execute an aggressive growth strategy.
The Director of Public Sector Sales will lead, motivate and manage a regional team of highperforming sales account executives. The ideal candidate will have sales leadership experience in the IT industry, as well as the Public Sector space (specifically in SLG, HIED and Federal Sales; and the ability to articulate a thorough understanding of the Public IT space. He/she will be responsible for developing and executing an aggressive customer acquisition campaign in theGovernment & HIED market, as well as retaining our current base of Government & HIED customers across the Northeast portion of the US.
Ideal candidate can be located in Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA or Baltimore, MD.
The chosen candidate will need to demonstrate his/her ability to align new product and service offerings to the business and technology needs of the education market. He/she will also be responsible for expanding relationships within customers and our large business partners. He/she will implement our education strategy for selling Lenovo’s portfolio of hardware, software and services into the education market. We are looking for an exceptional leader and coach withstrong sales operations skills and the ability to form and develop high level relationships withSuperintendents, Academic Leaders and CIOs.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent professional work experience.
• 7 - 10 years of successful Public Sector solution sales, is required
- Must have the ability to quickly develop organization agility and leverage extended teams.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills, demonstrated team building, leadership and the ability to manage multiple complex sales engagements concurrently.
• Industry experience in Public and track record of closing new accounts is preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of top performance with multi-million dollar assigned targets
• Executive relationship within account set.
• Proven ability to develop strategies to penetrate and sell to large public and private higher education entities.
• Ability to travel required; Both to customer locations as well as Morrisville, as required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.