DLL is a global provider of asset-based financial solutions in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, CleanTechnology, Transportation, Construction, Industrial and Technology Solutions industries. We collaborate with equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors in more than 30 countries to enable businesses to obtain and use the assets they need to contribute meaningfully to the world.
Do you believe businesses should have a bigger ambition than short term profit? If you do, join DLL’s mission to ‘See what counts’. You’ll be part of a team that gets the right tools into the right hands. A team that understands the heart and soul of our partners’ business. A team that provides original financial solutions to sustain success for generations.
As the Public Finance Credit & Risk Officer, you will be expected to execute and support the credit underwriting process along with the development & maintenance of the risk management strategies of DLL in the Local, State and Federal Government segments.
Day to Day:
- Assess completeness and topicality of client information as a basis for credit and risk analysis and decisions.
- Analyze risk of customer/end-user, local vendor or local dealer as thorough basis for decision making on local vendor/dealer agreements and end-user credit applications.
- Underwrite PF transactions and commercial transactions within granted authority as needed.
- Support the creditunderwriting activities of DLL by providing transactional guidance toUnderwriters as torisks specific to the Public Finance space, including;
- Evaluation of documentation risk
- Evaluation of default and non-appropriation risk
- Eligibility for the Public Finance
- Eligibility of product being financed.
- Assist Portfolio Management with Public Finance collections issues, including guidance & strategy related potential non-appropriations
- Monitor the credit/risk profile of the Public Finance segment and advise in order to stay in control and give DLL the opportunity for corrective actions.
- Monitor and Maintain a monthly “Watch list” of higher risk government entities and geographical regions through industry expertise
- Liaise with internal and external counsel to review and update industry specific documentation terms and conditions
- Assist in Business Development activities by providing industry specific risk management guidance
- Maintain and update Public Finance local credit and risk management policies/guidelines in order to ensure a proper fit with local regulations and requirements.
- Annual reviews and re-rating of end-users and local vendors & dealers
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of credit analysis, underwriting and risk management or related experience in the Public Finance sector (local, state & federal)
- Execute credit and risk analysis and underwriting activities and liaise with relevant stakeholders on subject in self-starting way
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format with members of the team, management and customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Occasional travel
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
- Full Service Cafeteria and Fitness Center on campus
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home (within job scope)
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs, Tuition reimbursement program.
- Company matching 401k program
- Industry leading Paid Time Off package
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, Vision benefit programs
- One month fully paid sabbatical after seven years of service