What You'll Do
This position will originate new public finance business primarily in the assigned geographical/LOB market.
Prepare written proposals and pitch books, make presentations to prospective and existing client base, and manage public finance negotiated underwritings and private placements.
Prepare credit and bond sizing analysis for prospective transactions, manage rating presentations and coordinate work flow through negotiation and settlement of transactions.
Work with key personnel within UMB Public Finance and Municipal Bond departments to identify marketing opportunities.
Achieve performance metrics, customer retention goals, and new business revenue targets. Active engagements of the future success to ensure existing products are robust and work jointly to selectively establish new product/solution offerings. Balance the needs of customer and UMB in both profitability and the risk guidelines and guide team in these areas. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelors degree in Finance, related area or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years related experience
- License Required: NASD Series 7 and 63, or MSRB 52
- Prior leadership /supervisory experience
In this Role, You will Need
- General understanding of the bond and investment banking industry
- Solid relationship sales experience
- High level of analytical skills, including spreadsheet and data management expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to network in community, grow new business & develop sales.