Public and Media Relations Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
At Cortland Partners, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Public and Media Relations Manager, you are responsible for overseeing and executing communications to the media, facilitating public relations partnerships, managing crises communications and community affairs, and expertly navigating both internal and external relationships as a vehicle for brand awareness and reputation management.
Roles You'll Play
THE PR EXPERT
- Create and implement a proactive media relations strategy that builds Cortland’s brand awareness and drives favorable impressions on both digital and offline media platforms (consumer, business, and trade) among our key target audiences (residents, associates, and investors)
- Cultivate and manage partnership with PR firm and relationships with media reps
- Manage the execution of all PR campaigns and activity, including formulation, implementation, evaluation, budgets, and timelines
- Manage and execute Cortland’s crisis communications
- Proactively seek out and develop content to promote brand awareness
- Partner with copywriting and social team members to write, edit, and publish relevant content for the website and across various social media platforms
- Expertly leverage social media as a vehicle for brand awareness in partnership with the Social Media Manager
- Monitor media to uncover and leverage relevant news and social currency as it occurs
THE CORTLAND AMBASSADOR
- Serve as primary PR contact for the company – manage all media inquiries, emails, and phone calls in partnership with the PR firm
- Provide consultancy and support to internal team to ensure all brand and company initiatives are leveraged effectively through PR and online channels
- Cultivate advocacy/media spokesperson opportunities
- Manage community affairs, including the development and governance of a charitable giving platform
Our Vision of What Success Looks Like
- Everything that you craft or edit – from press releases to crisis responses – will be in line with the Cortland brand and perfectly suited to address the situation at hand.
- Our brand awareness and company reputation are leading the industry because of how you’ve showcased the company across audience types and outlets.
- New customers are created every day, thanks to your ability to reach a wider online audience and communicate the Cortland experience.
Your Building Blocks of Success
- Stellar 5+ years of PR experience, including heavy content writing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent progressive experience in PR and social media
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills; ability to quickly adapt and react to changing circumstances and demands
- Superior writing and editing skills and ability to generate media releases and content with minimal editing needed
- Expert knowledge of a wide variety of social media platforms and media outlets
- Ability to monitor and report efficacy of campaigns
- Impeccable attention to detail and quality control
- Availability to respond quickly and timely to inquiries, crises, etc.
- Strong presentation skills and knowledge of video/photo production processes
The Foundation of Cortland Partners
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for over 100,000 residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities in ten states and regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, and Orlando. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.