The Public Agency Account Manager will operate as a sales consultant to influence and aide decision makers in the irrigation industry. This includes, but is not limited to Public Agencies and Irrigation Consultant customers within the region. The objective is to drive irrigation specifications and standardization for Rain Bird products. This position can be based in Austin or Houston TX.
- Establish Rain Bird as the primary product specified for ongoing maintenance and on new construction projects in the region, including, but not limited to those with Public Agencies.
- Conduct product demonstrations and become the product technical expert for the regional team.
- Develop relationships with targeted Public Agencies and Irrigation Consultants and at the decision maker level.
- Closely coordinate with the Distributor Manager, Water Conservation Manager, and Contractor Account Managers working within the territory to identify customers who represent the greatest opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales programs and strategies designed to aggressively grow the territory through Public Agencies.
- Analyze sales results, demonstrate products, educate irrigation users, and work as an essential member of the South team.
- Track and measure progress against specific sales growth objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all agencies in the region.
- Participation in local TRAPS shows, Park & Rec Associations and other organizations for the purpose of networking and generating opportunities to sell Rain Bird products.
- This position requires approximately 40% overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Irrigation industry experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience in sales or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, Energetic team player. Results oriented and excellent communication skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in English (written and verbal).
- Experience selling to or working for a Public Agency
- Fluency in Spanish