- Develop positions and advocacy strategies on proposed ESG policies and regulations and assist with engagement with trade associations, policymakers, regulators and other stakeholders
- Draft position papers, memoranda and potential legislation in support of ESG issues
- Prepare regular presentations for executive management and the Chubb Board of Directors on ESG issues
- Engage with executive management to on approach to ESG issues, and provide global leadership on ESG across all businesses.
- Perform peer analyses and identify benchmarking indicators
- Assist with ESG target setting and implementation of best practices
- Collaborate with internal experts to create ESG content
- Perform due diligence and regular monitoring of ESG metrics, working with Internal Audit and third parties on data validation
- Partner with internal stakeholders to effectively advise the external community about developments in the Company’s ESG efforts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a law firm, corporate or government setting
- Experience or interest in ESG issues, and ideally knowledge of industry trends and policy related to ESG.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to adapt to different formats (press releases annual reports, website, etc.) -- a writing sample will be required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and to proactively engage with a wide range of internal colleagues and external resources.
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities and finding creative solutions to complex challenges
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- J.D. degree from a top-tier U.S. law school.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. or foreign university or college.