Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented PTL Technical Operations Team Lead-Global Watch Operations to join our team in the Northern Virginia area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Personnel Tracking and Locating (PTL) Technical Operations Team Lead-Global Watch Operations serves as the domestic team leader for one of PTL's technical operations teams (Geospatial Tracking Operations, Global Support Operations, Worldwide Logistics, and Domestic Support Operations) and is responsible for working with DS/C/ST to provide operational, technical, and logistical services pertaining to managing overall PTL hardware/software requirements and network availability.
- Manage the logistical support for all levels of PTL programs to include planning current and future PTL system/hardware requirements in order to ensure consistent operation and availability.
- May be required to test PC monitoring stations including Embedded National Tactical Receivers (ENTR) and be able to fully maintain, troubleshoot and install these systems in a tactical environment.
- Supervise the processing, packing, and shipment of PTL systems and fly-away kits.
- Assists testing vendor- repaired items to verify that they are operational prior to returning said items to the field.
- Identifies replenishment requirements and recommends upgrades and/or enhancements to maximize effectiveness and functionality of PTL hardware/software.
- Assists with integration requirements determination, overall architectural design, planning, system specifications development, system design-analysis, testing, documentation, extension, and installation of information systems.
- Performs a variety of network management functions supporting services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks.
- Modifies command language programs, network start-up files, assign/re-assign network parameters to improve performance, and participates in load balancing efforts throughout the network to achieve optimum performance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: The Technical Operations Team Lead may be required to provide assistance and direction to contractor personnel.
- Minimum two (2) years as a PTL Geospatial Tracking Specialist (previously PTL Watch Stander).
- Bachelor's degree plus ten (10) years of experience; High School Diploma plus fifteen (15) years of experience can substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have technical expertise in the technologies required for assigned team (e.g., software development, computer systems architecture, COMSEC, inventory and logistics, tactical tracking operations, RF network engineering, Integrated Broadcast System applications, Mission Management Center operations, and/or integrated protective security operations).
- Ability to communicate and coordinate actions effectively with individuals at all organizational and management levels, including other agencies outside of the Department.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and have strong attention to detail. Possess excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build/maintain professional working relationships.
- Must be proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint).
- Minimum five (5) years professional work experience in a military or Government environment is highly desirable.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with immediate eligibility to be granted access to sensitive compartmented information.
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance at diplomatic facilities.
- OCONUS travel may include critical threat locations around the world with austere living conditions.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- Moves about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around shop floors.
- Uses screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and other hand and power tools.
- Frequently works in warehouses, buildings and vehicles that may be hot, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted.
- Occasionally works outdoors in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
- Communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Recognizes differences between colors, shades and brightness on computer or TV monitor.