PTE P&C Technician
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform testing and commissioning of Protection and Control systems on high voltage substations
- Perform on site hands-on protective relay testing using relay test sets such as Omicron CMC 256/356 or Doble F6150. Examples of relays to be tested are SEL-311L, SEL-387, SEL-487, SEL-421, SEL-351S, GE L90, GE D60 among others.
- Technical and Safety Development
- Support Project Lead or Field Supervisor on projects
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis – JHA
- Accurately document test results and produce field reports on requested format
- Prepare and implement test plans
- Read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.
- Prepare As-Built commissioning drawings with project mark ups and highlighted drawings.
- Perform clerical responsibilities such as time cards, expense reports and project reports.
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of professional experience in the electrical testing industry, including experience in medium and high voltagecircuit breakers, power transformers, instrument transformers, and substation protection and controls testing.
- Demonstrable expertise on transmission, generation and distribution relays (SEL, Basler, Beckwith, and GE families) and protective schemes. Technical skills related to protective relays include relay calibration utilizing test sets/measuring devices such as Omicron CMC 256/356 and Doble F6150, control scheme testing, testing of the sensing CT/PT circuits, ability to upload settings to microprocessor relays, and static & dynamic testing of microprocessor-based protective relays.
- Proven experience with Electrical Field Testing standards, practices, and procedures such as NETA, IEEE, NFPA applicable standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of testing electricaldistribution, generation and transmission projects with voltage levels ranging from 15 kV to 500 kV, including protective relays, and circuit breakers.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills, and ability to perform mathematical calculations, working knowledge of computer systems and microprocessor or relay software and project environment skills.
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of the latest computer controlled solid-state test equipment (Automated protective relay test equipment such as Omicron or Doble)
- Technical Software for testing purposes and data review: ProTesT, Protection Suite, ENOSERV RTS, Omicron Test Universe and AcSELerator Quickset.
- Administrative software: MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experienced in managing electrical drawings.
- NETA III certification
- Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering or Technologydegree in similar discipline
- Experience testing and troubleshooting electromechanical relays
- Experience testing and commissioning electrical equipment on high voltage substations such as CTs, CCVTs, PLC systems and DC systems including batteries and battery chargers.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.