he incumbent shall maintain responsibility for the day to day organization and administration of a patient care center, contractual service, or management services as may be developed by the corporation and shall be responsible to the regional POD Director or a member of the corporate management team as appointed by the Chief Executive Officer. Additionally the incumbent provides Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment utilizing advanced clinical skills as dictated by the needs of the facility.
- Actively designs, implements or delegates the orientation/mentorship and staff development of new and future staff members within their respective facility. Monitors staff and identifies areas of professional growth.
- Actively participates in human resources management for your area of responsibility, including but not limited to the following areas: selection/placement (interviewing/hiring); orientation of all facility staff, performance management (evaluation/competency assessment/improvement plans), and employee relations (including disciplinary action and conflict resolution). Consults with human resources representative and/or POD director when dealing with these matters to ensure compliance on internal (policies/practices) and external (legal and regulatory) matters.
- Appropriately requests and actively reports objective feedback to the Regional Director regarding department performance and emergency situations. Actively supports and implements the organization directives of the senior management team.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Completes performance evaluations of direct reports as requested in a thorough and timely manner. Assists the Regional director in the disciplinary process as appropriate. Delegates performance reviews to Senior Staff appropriately.
- Formulates and institutes a marketing and business development plan for the facility. This is done in consultation with the Regional or Program Director, the Director of Marketing and Business Development and/or the Corporate Management Team and includes but is not limited to participation in community relations activities (health fairs, school districts, senior/community centers, churches, professional groups).
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Maintains written documentation for all physical therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs physical therapist assistant documentation biweekly.
- May serves as a clinical instructor for physical therapy students as well as residents and fellows in a specialty area of physical therapy.
- Oversees program development. This may include; development and implementation of patient care teams and specific orientation and/or reference manuals for their respective facility. Objectively identifies and analyzes the source of problems, develops innovative approaches to problem solving and implements appropriate change.
- Oversees the daily operations of patient care services in their respective facility. This may include; addressing daily staffing needs, developing staffingschedules, review and approval of time off requests, and participating in the interviewing/selection process for their respective facility.
- Participates in the process of capital and operating budget preparation for their respective facilities. Monitors monthly budget variances and provides analysis and reports for variances.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
- Serves as Assistant Regional Director or acting Regional Director or program coordinator in the absence of the incumbent.
- EDUCATIONAL/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Minimum of 3years clinical experiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in a specialty area preferred.
- Marketing experience and ability preferred.
- Six monthsexperience with Centers for Rehab Services preferred.
- Two or more years supervisory/management experience in a health care setting preferred.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES & INTERPERSONAL/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must possess knowledge and skills required to provide quality customer service.
- Must possess knowledge of normal human growth and development over the lifespan.
- Must be able to read, understand, analyze, and interpret medical record documents.
- Must be skilled in planning/organization, follow up/control, delegation, problem solving, self-development orientation, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance.
- Must possess the ability to apply principles of logic and strategic thinking to a wide range of problems, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to identify referral growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with healthcare team, coworkers, supervisors, and all members of the Corporate Management Team.
- Active participation with health care industry professional organizations is preferred.
- Must complete all mandatory competencies for system, CRS business unit and/or facility.
- Must complete CRS Orientation, Facility-specific Orientation, and Department Specific Orientation(s) where appropriate.
- May in the course of their job duties be in rooms where medications are stored.
- No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Direct Access Physical Therapist (DAPT) license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, preferred in outpatient settings. Act 34 Criminal Clearance Act 33 Child AbuseClearance Act 73 - FBI CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Physical Therapist
Job ID: 621013